If you are a Christian...Israel, as a nation, should be important to you!
If you are a Christian...Israel, as a nation, should be important to you! WHY? It's the land of the Bible and the place of the birth and life of Jesus Christ! It's a fascinating place. Here are some things you may not know about Israel:
- Israel is only 1/6 of 1% of the landmass of the Middle East.
- The Sea of Galilee, at 695 feet below sea level is the lowest freshwater lake in the world and the Dead Sea is the lowest surface point on earth at 1,373 feet below sea level and Israel is the ONLY nation in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in the number of trees!
- The city of Jericho is the oldest continuously inhabited town in the world and the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem is the oldest, continually used cemetery in the world.
- Israel has the highest number of scientists, technicians, PhD's, engineers and physicians per capita in the world.
- Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees per capita in the world and produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation.
- Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation in the world, per capita.
- Israel is the only country in the Middle East where the Christian population has grown over the last 50 years and the only country in the Middle East where Christians, Muslims and Jews are all free to vote.
- Israel's population is half the size of Metro New York City.
- Israel is the ONLY country in the Middle East where women enjoy full political, religious, marriage and occupational rights!
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels" (Psalm 122:6-7)."