The Ten 'can-nots'
THE TEN 'CAN-NOTS'
Perhaps all of us have grown up and have some acquaintance with the Bible's 'TEN COMMANDMENTS.' Some of us would rather not be bothered by these rules for life...but they still apply to life whether you like it or not. But I digress...instead of reading for you the TEN COMMANDMENTS...I suggest you give a listen to these TEN CAN-NOTS:
- YOU CANNOT bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift!
- YOU CANNOT help the "small" people by tearing down the "big" people!
- YOU CANNOT strengthen the weak by weakening the strong!
- YOU CANNOT help the poor by destroying the rich.
- YOU CANNOT keep out of financial trouble by spending more than your income!
- YOU CANNOT further brotherhood or sisterhood by inciting race hatred.
- YOU CANNOT establish financial security on borrowed money!
- YOU CANNOT build character by taking away initiative and independence!
- YOU CANNOT help people by doing for them what they could do for themselves!
- YOU CANNOT have a meaningful life without GOD!
Do you know any politicians who need a copy? I must say this is pretty good stuff to live by, for me, even if no one else wants to.
The writer, Oliver Wendell Holmes said: "The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving."
"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful" (Joshua 1:8).