If you happen to be a typical teen...you never think of dying. Am I right? However when we think of dying, it's always old people who die, never young and healthy and strong people like us. Well...let's just visit the subject of dying for a bit.
Consider with me some of these world famous people who died quite young. Let's start with ANNE FRANK, the young German Jewess who kept that most famous diary out of World War II, which became a best-selling book died at age 15!
- THOMAS CHATTERTON, the very well known English poet died at 17!
- KING TUT, probably who in our day, has become the most famous of Egyptian Pharaohs because his tomb was uncovered by Howard Carter and his exhibits now travel worldwide, died at age 18!
- JOAN OF ARC, the French heroine is remembered in history because of the way she fought and became a martyr died at age 19!
- NATHAN HALE who is remembered in the USA Revolutionary War as one of the most notable heroes died at age 21.
- JAMES DEAN who was a Hollywood actor is remembered by his spectacular death at age 24.
- NERO, the infamous Roman Emperor who supposedly fiddled while Rome burned died at age 31!
Death is not a popular subject...but is a reminder that death has no age limits. It can happen to anybody at any time at any age. The life lesson? ANY PREPARATIONS YOU PLAN TO MAKE FOR ETERNAL LIFE AFTER YOUR DEATH MUST BE MADE IN ADVANCE!
"There on the mountain that you have climbed you will die and be gathered to your people, just as your brother Aaron died on Mount Hor and was gathered to his people" (Deuteronomy 32:50).