What Are You Willing To Risk?
WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO RISK?
Webster's New College dictionary defines risk as "the chance of injury, damage or loss. To risk one's life." Taking a risk could be costly...but without risk there is no progress in life's journey. To not take a risk may be even more costly that risking something to help others. Let's think about the following:
- To laugh is to RISK appearing the fool.
- To be joyful is to RISK being a bigger fool.
- To cry is to RISK appearing too sentimental, too weak.
- To reach out to help another person is to RISK involvement in another's life.
- To place your ideas, your dreams before the crowd is to RISK their loss.
- To live with adventure is to RISK dying.
- To hope is to RISK despair.
- To love is to RISK rejection.
- To attempt something news is to RISK failure.
- To ask boldly is to RISK receiving a "no" reply.
- To build is to RISK collapse.
- To save and invest is to RISK losing.
- To compete is to RISK another beating you to the finish line.
- But RISKS must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to RISK nothing.
- The person who RISKS nothing, does nothing, has nothing and is nothing.
ONLY THE PERSON WHO RISKS IS FREE!
To invite Jesus Christ to be the Lord of your life is RISKING nothing and gaining everything including Eternal Life!
"Listen...accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life" (Proverbs 4:10, 13).