In his book, Loving Your Marriage Enough to Protect It, Jerry Jenkins warns against certain attitudes and situations that may put you at risk for infidelity. Several of his warning signs are below:
* Becoming so busy that you spend very little time with your spouse and family.
* Having an attitude that you deserve more attention than you are getting at home.
* Letting the romance fade in your marriage.
* Using your attractiveness or personality to get attention from the opposite sex.
* Fantasizing about having an affair.
* Feeling sorry for yourself.
* Someone other than your spouse keeps flattering you and telling you how wonderful you are.
So what does Jenkins recommend to hedge your marriage against an affair? Here are a few examples. Be careful in complimenting someone of the opposite sex -- focus on clothing or hairstyle, not the person's attractiveness itself. Spend quality time with your family when at home -- don't bring your work home with you. Remind yourself and your spouse that you are committed to your wedding vows.
© Family First. Used by permission. All rights reserved. For more information, please visit www.familyfirst.net