Do you really think you're ready to go all the way? Are you sure? Think about the possibility of sexually transmitted infections, unplanned pregnancy, emotional doubts and more! All good reasons to wait. BUT before you go too far, let's take a look at the following list or make up your own:
YOU'RE NOT READY TO HAVE SEX IF...
- You think sex equals love.
- You feel pressured.
- You're afraid to say "NO!" And mean it!
- It's easier to give in.
- You think everyone else is doing it! THEY ARE NOT!
- Your gut feelings and instincts tell you not to.
- You don't really know all the facts about a pregnancy.
- You think a woman can get pregnant the first time. REALLY SHE CAN!
- It goes against your moral or religious beliefs.
- You will live to regret it the next morning.
- You feel embarrassed or ashamed.
- You can't support a child or yourself.
- Your idea of commitment is a three-day DVD rental.
- You believe sex before marriage is wrong.
- You don't want to get HIV...the virus that causes AIDS!
- You might contract a sexual transmitted infection...also called STDs.
- You think it will make your partner love you.
- You hope it will change your life for the better.
(Excerpted and adapted from YOU'RE NOT READY TO HAVE
SEX IF... Journeyworks Publishing)
YOU ARE NOT READY TO HAVE SEX IF ANY OF THE ABOVE FIT YOUR SITUATION!
REALLY...IT'S OKAY TO WAIT UNTIL MARRIAGE!
"You shall not commit adultery" (Exodus 20:14).