That person is successful who has lived well and laughed often.
- Who has loved much.
- Who has gained the respect of intelligent people.
- Who has been loved by little children.
- Who has found and filled a very special niche in life.
- And who has learned how to finish every job attempted.
- Who has left this world a much better place than they have found it.
- It could be done by developing an improved flower or veggie.
- It could be done by writing an uplifting story or happy poem.
- It could be done by helping those who are in poverty or the broken in life.
- Or by having rescued somebody who has fallen.
- Who has never lacked an appreciation for this earth's beauty.
- Who has loved God's creations and learned how to express this love.
- Who has looked for the best in others and has given their best to others.
- Whose life became an inspiration and encouragement to others.
- Who has served God well.
- Who has served others often and well.
- Whose memory will be cherished fondly.
- Who makes a relationship with God so eternity will be spent in His heaven.
Jesus said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:37-40).