Morning Muse with Dave Arnold
“Christmas means that:
- He descended that we might ascend (John 6:38; 14:3).
- He became poor that we might become rich (2 Corinthians 8:9; James 2:5).
- He was born that we might be born again (John 1:14; 3:2, 7).
- He became a servant that we might become sons (Philippians 2:7, Galatians 4:6, 7).
- He had no home that we might have a home in heaven (Matthew 8:20; John 14:2).
- He was hungry that we might be fed (Matthew 4:2; John 6:50).
- He was thirsty that we might be satisfied (John 19:28; 6:35).
- He was stripped that we might be clothed (Matthew 27:28; Galatians 3:27).
- He was forsaken that we might not be forsaken (Matthew 26:56; 28:20).
- He was sorrowed that we might rejoice (Isaiah 53:3; Philippians 4:4).
- He was bound that we might go free (Matthew 27:2; John 8:32 – 36).
- He was made sin that we might be made righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- He died that we might live (John 5:24; 25).
- He came down that we might be caught up (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).”1
“The greatest and most momentous fact which the history of the world records is the fact of Christ’s birth” (Charles Spurgeon).
He died that we might liveMerry Christmas! 2014
David and Linda Arnold
© 2014 D & L Publications, All rights reserved.