April 13 - The Goal!

The Goal!

Florence Chadwick, the world famous San Diego distance swimmer failed in her first attempt to swim the English Channel just a mere three miles short of the French coast. WHY? The day was cloudy, foggy and overcast. She explained, "I failed in this attempt because I could not see my goal, the coast of France."

She tried again...attempted the crossing from France to England. This time the day was bright and sunny. She made it! She explained her successful second attempt like this: "The day was clear and I could always see the coast of England, my goal."

Clear Goals Are Crucial

Chris Hagarty, a management consultant from Tiburon, California cites a study done by Yale University of their graduates who have been out of the university for twenty years. They found that only 3% of the grads had written down their specific life and work goals. 10% had talked in broad terms about what they would like to do with their life. 87% had not bothered to write anything down or even discussed their goals.

The results? According to this study, the results showed that the 3% who had written out their specific goals had achieved more success, more recognition, and had earned more money than the other 97% combined!

Awesome! Benjamin Franklin wrote: "Living without a goal is like shooting without a target."

This object lesson is very clear! THINK ABOUT, PRAY ABOUT AND WRITE DOWN YOUR LIFE GOALS! Yes, you can! You live better and you will achieve more when you can see your goals clearly defined and written down! WELL...WHAT ARE WAITING FOR, JUST DO IT!

"I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead" (Philippians 3:10-11).