What Does This World Need?
WHAT DOES THIS WORLD NEED?
This world needs TEENS...(and I could add women and men)
- Who cannot be bought;
- Whose word is their bond;
- Who will put character above gaining wealth;
- Who possess strong opinions and a strong will;
- Who are larger than their chosen vocations;
- Who do not hesitate to take chances;
- Who will not lose their individuality while in a crowd;
- Who will be as honest in the little things as in the great things;
- Who will not make compromises with what is wrong;
- Whose ambitions are to be confined to only their own selfish desires;
- Who will not say they are doing it "because everybody else is doing it";
- Who are true to their friends through good and bad; in another's adversity and difficulties as well as when they prosper;
- Who do not believe that shrewdness, cunning, cheating, compromise and hardheadedness are the best life qualities for becoming successful;
- Who are not ashamed or afraid to stand for the truth even when it is unpopular;
- Who will say "NO" and mean it when the rest of the world is saying "yes!"
(Source: Ted Engstrom, modified &amp; expanded)
"The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded than the shouts of a ruler of fools. Wisdom is better than weapons of war..." (Ecclesiastes 9:17-18)!