Have You Ever Been Late For Work?
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN LATE FOR WORK?
Do you have a job? If you don't currently have a job...someday, we hope you will have a job. But it seems as though many people who have jobs do a poor job at their job. According to "careerbuilder.com" at least a full 15% of employed workers admit to showing up to work late at least once a week. And...their excuses for being late are most interesting as you can hear from the following:
- I have transient amnesia and couldn't remember my job.
- I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.
- Someone stole all my daffodils.
- I had to go audition for American Idol.
- I was trying to get my gun back from the police.
Then, too, there the pressures of the work-a-day workplace that seem to bring out all kinds of weirdness and even stupidity in people. As an example you could always read more that are listed here in "overheardintheoffice.com:"
- The BOSS says: "You make too many mistakes. You're not very consistent."
- The CUBE DWELLER replies: "Well, you can't be consistent all the time."
- The CASHIER asks: "And what form of payment will you be making today?"
- The CUSTOMER says: "Money!"
- The OFFICE MANAGER asks: "Where you yesterday?"
- The PEON answers: "I was at my cousin's funeral."
- And the OFFICE MANGER asks: "Why? Did she die?"
The Bible has a very special word for all of us who are or who will be working for the rest of our lives: "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father..." (Colossians 3:17)!