On the mission field, it can get tough to keep your walk with the Lord consistent. There will be times when you feel like comprimising. But you are better than that! God has called you to the mission field just as much as He has called your parents! I'm going to give you three ways to keep your walk with God consistent:
Determine to put your whole heart into your ministry.
* Ps. 51:10 says "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit."
* The fact is where your heart is, there your treasure will be . . . Your heart leaves before you do. For example, if you've ever been in a dating relationship, you can always tell when one person is about to break up with the other, because their heart is no longer there.
* Being involved in an active ministry is the only way for you to reach the level God wants for you. If you don't get involved, you will become an "almost there" Christian.
* Ministry is the heart of God! I encourage you to get as involved as much as you possibly can in your parents ministry or any other ministry you can participate in!
Determine to continue when emotions die.
* Ps. 51:11 says "Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of my salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me."
* Do you know who David was referring to in the above line? It was Saul.
* The difference between Saul and David was that Saul quit when he didn't feel like it -- David kept his praise and trust in the Lord despite it all.
* We can see another example of this in Mark 14:32-42.
* Jesus himself did not want to go to the cross . . . but he did. Let your desire to do the same be based out of overwhelming love and not guilt.
Determine not to forget what the Lord has done.
* If we were to sit back and really think, we would be able to remeber little things in our life tht the Lord has done for us. So many times as life goes on, we have a tendancy to focus on the problems we are having and to forget about all the times God was faithful. This could include anything from a camp experience to a call into the ministry. But whatever your personal experience has been, you need to think upon these things! Cause when your life starts getting hard and it feels like God is not there, it will encourage you to remember the times when He didn't let you down before and it will remind you that He will not let you down now!